Matsukura Ruins Trail Guided Hiking Tour
Let's go out for a hiking and a historical walk in the mountain standing silently at the west of Downtown Hida-Takayama.
Only a step away from Downtown Takayama. An easy trekking tour stipulating your imagination for the history of Hida region.
Matsukura Castle only lasted for 7 years when the nation was in the state of war in the late 16th century. On this tour, you will hike through the main gate to the back gate of the castle. The ruins of the castle are spotted along the trail, which would make you wonder what the area was like back in old day and the local guide will help you interpret the history along the way. At the top of the mountain, you will enjoy an open-air tea ceremony hosted by the guide. This is a trail of 4km/2.5miles in length and 250m/820ft difference of elevation. Everyone including even very beginners can enjoy this tour.
- Meet at JR Takayama Station at 8:50 AM/12:50 PM.
- Start hiking
- A short break at the top of the mountain.
Have an open-air tea ceremony.
- Leave and head to Hida-no-sato trail head.
- Take a bus from Hida-no-sato to JR Takayama Station.
- Finish the tour at JR Takayama Station.*
* Bus expenses (Appx. JPY 100 each ride) should be paid on your own expenses.
**Lunch is not included in this tour.
~Nohi bus official site~
<What to bring>
- Something to drink
- Suitable clothes for walking
* Rainwears, rain coats and waterproof pants, are available for rent upon request.
- JPY 5,720 including tax per person
- Payment method : Cash, credit card, or Paypal
- Bus expense of JPY 100 should be paid on your own expense at each ride.
- Booking due is 2 days before the tour date
- Please book through the contact form indicating your name and your contact info, Please make sure to indicate the desired tour name and the tour date.